This is a compilation of 3 blogs I did recently on Wellbeing, in a series entitled Ancient Medicine (part one, two and three). I discussed 12 oils in totals: Sandalwood, Cassia, Cedarwood, Cypress, Frankincense, Galbanum, Hyssop, Myrrh, Myrtle, Onycha, Cistus/Rose of Sharon and Spikenard. All twelve of these are referenced in the Bible (Old and/or New Testaments). What I have added here are people’s testimonials on how they used these oils, so check them out. All these oils are available in one kit of 12 5ml bottles, as well as an audio tape (see the image to the left). To order a kit, visit our site. You will need to create an account, so just click on Join Now. Contact us if you have any questions.
Sandalwood (also known as Aloes) has been used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years to revitalise the skin and for meditation and yoga. It was also used by the ancient Egyptians in the embalming process. Its properties include anti-tumoral, anti-viral and a stimulant to the immune system. Research has been documented showing its ability to inhibit numerous types of cancer cells and viruses, including the papilloma virus and herpes zoster.”And there came also Nicodemus, which at the first came to Jesus by night, and brought a mixture of myrrh and aloes, about a hundred pound weight” – John 19:39(See also sandalwood under 15 essential oils for stress relief and Essential oils for the spirit).
- To enhance sleep, place a drop in your hands and rub them together, then place them over your nose and inhale deeply.
- Use as a cologne or after-shave. Combine it with a carrier oil, such as almond oil, if desired.
- For cold sores, apply one drop on the cold sore as soon as it appears and repeat this 5 times a day.
- Massage into the scalp to retard greying of the hair.
- Place a drop on cuts to speed up healing.
- Rub a drop above the eyebrows in a circle around the eye 1-3 times a day, to improve healing.
- Use a couple of drops for dry, chapped skin. You can combine with a carrier oil such as almond or jojoba.
- Add 5-6 drops to running water in a bath tub for a relaxing bath.